For nearly two decades Portage provided waste-management services, particularly
for the Department of Energy at nuclear production and waste-processing
facilities. In 2010 Portage was ranked Number 7 in the category of Top Nuclear Waste Management Firms by Engineering News Record.
We have broad experience managing projects involving radioactive, hazardous, mixed (radioactive/hazardous) and industrial waste, including characterization, excavation, packaging, transportation, and offsite disposal. We perform demolition and removal services for nuclear facilities, process design and hazard analysis for treatment systems, waste treatment development and operations, treatability studies, underground storage tank removal, development of health and safety management program plans to support complex decontamination and decommissioning of systems, and quality assurance and quality control oversight for cleanup. We have also performed many waste-management services for other federal agencies, state and local governments, tribal governments, and private industry.
- Management of radioactive, hazardous, mixed (radioactive/hazardous), and industrial waste
- Decontamination and decommissioning of nuclear production and waste processing facilities
- Demolition and removal services for nuclear facilities
- Process design and hazard analysis for treatment systems
- Waste treatment operations
- Waste characterization, excavation, packaging, transportation, and offsite disposal
- Siting, development, and operation of waste-containment systems
- Treatability studies
- Abandoned-mine waste removal
- Underground storage tank removal
- Development of health and safety management program plans to support complex D&D of systems
- Quality assurance and quality control oversight for cleanup